Dhaka University Admission Circular 2020-2021
The Dhaka University Admission Circular 2020-2021 will be published on the admission.eis.du.ac.bd website. The admission form has to be filled through this website. The Admit Card, Seat Plan, and Admission Test Result will also be published on this website.
University of Dhaka Admission Test Marks Distribution for KA, KHA, GA, GHA and CHA Units, Question pattern, Admission Test Date, and all other information will be available in the Prospectus.
The DU Admission Notice 2020-21 will be published after the HSC and Equivalent Exam Results are published. The probable date of the admission test is January 2021. Dhaka University has said that the admission test will be taken in person like other years.
Find out the details based on last year’s admission circular for the preparation of the admission test. Here you will find all the information consistently. Eligibility for application, number of seats based on unit, the application process, application fees payment instruction, Admission Test Question Pattern, admission test schedule, and all other information will be continuously updated.
Available Seats in DU
The total number of seats at Dhaka University is 7218. Of these, 1740 seats are in KA-unit, 2363 seats in KHA-unit, 1250 seats in GA-unit, 1610 seats in GHA-unit (1147 for science, 53 for humanities, and 410 for business studies) and the number in CHA-unit is 135. There are also 120 seats in the IBA.
To apply for admission to Dhaka University in the 2020-21 academic sessions, the applicant must have passed the SSC or equivalent examination between 2015 and 2018. Candidates must pass HSC or equivalent examination in 2020. Candidates also need to acquire unit-based qualifications.
KA-Unit (Science Group):
- Candidates who have passed HSC, Alim, and IGCSE / O Level and IAL / GCE A-Level examinations in Science and Agricultural groups can apply for KA-unit.
- Candidates should have a minimum GPA of 8.0 in both Secondary and Higher Secondary or equivalent examinations (including 4th subject).
- In addition, secondary/equivalent and higher secondary/equivalent examinations must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 individually.
Kha-Unit (Humanities Group):
- Higher Secondary or equivalent pass students in the humanities group can apply for B-Unit.
- Candidates should have a minimum GPA of 7.0 in both Secondary and Higher Secondary or equivalent examinations (including 4th subject).
- Secondary / Equivalent and Higher Secondary / Equivalent examinations must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 separately.
GA-Unit (Business Studies Group):
- Candidates who have passed the Higher Secondary, Diploma-in-Business Studies, and Diploma-in-Commerce and Business Management examinations in the business studies group can apply GA-unit.
- Candidates should have a minimum GPA of 7.5 in both Secondary and Higher Secondary or equivalent examinations (including 4th subject).
- Secondary / Equivalent and Higher Secondary / Equivalent examinations must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 separately.
- Candidates from Diploma-in-Business Studies, Diploma-in-Commerce, and Business Management branches at the higher secondary level must have an accounting subject and have a minimum B-grade (Grade-Point 3.0) in the subject.
GHA-Unit (Changing Unit):
- The GHA-Unit of Dhaka University is the Changing Unit. Students from all groups can apply in this unit.
- The total minimum GPA for Humanities students is 7.00 (including 4th subject) and separately minimum GPA is 3.00.
- Science students must have a minimum total GPA of 8.00 (including 4th subject) and a separate minimum GPA of 3.50.
- Students in the business studies group must have a minimum total GPA of 7.50 (including 4th subject) and a separate minimum GPA of 3.50.
- Applications below B-grade (Grade Point 3.0) in any subject in Higher Secondary or equivalent examination will not be accepted.
CHA-Unit (Fine Arts Department):
- The CHA-Unit of Dhaka University is for fine arts. This unit covers drawing and illustration, graphic design, printmaking, oriental art, pottery, sculpture, crafts and, art history.
- To apply for CHA-Unit, you need to have a minimum total GPA of 7.50 (including 4th subject).
- In addition, secondary/equivalent and higher secondary/equivalent examinations must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 separately.
Admission Test Marks Distribution
Dhaka University Admission Test will be held in Person. There is no admission test will be taken online. The admission test of Dhaka University will change in the 2020-21 academic year. The Admission Test Marks distribution will also change. Although not finalized yet, it has already been announced.
Last year’s admission test was 200 marks. This year the total Marks have been reduced to 100. Earlier, 80 marks were calculated on secondary and higher secondary results. This year it has been reduced to 20. Earlier in the MCQ exam, it was 75 marks. This year 30 marks will be given in MCQ. The total number of written test will be 50. The merit list will be made based on 100 marks in total. However, the duration of the admission test has not been announced yet.