Australia Awards are prestigious international Scholarships and Fellowships funded by the Australian Government. They offer the next generation of global leaders an opportunity to undertake study, research and professional development in Australia and for high-achieving Australians to do the same overseas.
Australia Awards Scholarships are long term development awards administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
They aim to contribute to the long term development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements.
They provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education institutions.
Australia Awards Scholarship awardees are accepted by most Australian universities, but not all. A list of participating universities for Intake 2017 is available here.
Bangladesh specific criteria
- be a citizen of Bangladesh;
- the proposed field of study should be in a priority sector indicated in the Country Profile;
- have the following English Language Proficiency with validity until 1 June 2017:
- an overall International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic score of at least 6.5, with no individual band less than 6.0. Or;
- a TOEFL paper-based test score of at least 580, with a minimum of 4.5 in the test of written English, a TOEFL Internet-based score of at least 92, with a minimum of 21 in all subtests. Or;
- a Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) overall score of 58, with no communicative skill score less than 50.
Deadline for submitting applications:
All applications (including properly notarized supporting documents) must be submitted by 5:00 pm Dhaka time, 18 November 2016. Late and incomplete application will automatically be marked unsuccessful.
We encourage applicants to submit applications through OASIS. Applications can be submitted from 15 September 2016 to 18 November 2016.
Applicants must submit ALL of the required documents detailed in the Country Profile, namely:
- Academic Transcripts and Certificates (tertiary level)
- English Language Proficiency Certificate
- Passport (photo page only)
- Referee Reports (both academic and professional referees)
- Development Impact Plan
- Other relevant documents (such as research proposals and correspondence with potential supervisor for Masters by Research applicants, special achievement certificates)
More information and Details Instruction About Australia Award Scholarship:
To Learn More about Australia Award Scholarship Please Visit: http://www.australiaawardssouthwestasia.org